Lan Vu represents plaintiffs and defendants in entertainment, intellectual property, privacy, reputation and brand protection, and complex business litigation in federal and state courts, arbitrations, mediations and administrative proceedings. She has handled numerous high profile entertainment matters including multiple large-scale profit participation disputes, idea theft claims, and cases against major entertainment studios including Universal, Sony, A&E, Paramount, CBS and others. Ms. Vu also represented plaintiffs in multi-million dollar right of publicity matters, industrywide class actions, and several civil actions arising from wiretapping activities. As part of her work, Ms. Vu has successfully obtained a seven-figure judgment and permanent injunction that resulted in the successful takedown of a defamatory website.
Ms. Vu has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star, and one of the Top Women Attorneys for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business.
Ms. Vu received her a law degree in 2004 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and her B.A. from the University of California, Irvine.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
ENTERTAINMENT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LITIGATION
- Profit participation, royalty and audit matters
- Right of Publicity
- Privacy Rights
- Theft of Idea
- Defamation (Libel and Slander)
- First Amendment
- Talent Agencies Act and California Labor Commission proceedings
- Internet domain name disputes and cybersquatting
GENERAL BUSINESS LITIGATION
- Breach of contract
- Business torts, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud, tortious interference with business relations, conversion, unjust enrichment and professional negligence
- Unfair competition and unfair business practices
- TRO and injunction proceedings
- Electronic discovery
- Named a 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Super Lawyer Rising Star by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business
- Named one of 2012, 2013 2014, 2015 and 2016’s Top Women Attorneys by Southern California Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business
- Member, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association